Policies and Procedures
At Camp Olympia Country Day School our goal is to give your children a well- balanced program. We recognize that children develop differently
and we appreciate each child's unique characteristics and interests. Through our wide variety of daily activities, we work to promote physical,
cognitive, social, and emotional growth. We are very fortunate to have such a great environment! Remember that we are here to work with
your children and all of us truly enjoy our work, otherwise we wouldn't survive one day!
Please bear in mind that it takes some children longer than others to adjust to a new situation. The best thing that a parent can do is to
work with the teachers, and to give the child sufficient time to make friends and to adapt to a new school setting. We look forward to
a rewarding relationship with you and your child.
- Leave a complete change of clothes. Anyone can have an accident, and we want your child to be comfortable.
- In cold weather, please send your child with warm clothes, including mittens and a hat. Boots are also necessary for our daily walks as
it can get muddy after rain.
- Each child brings his/her lunch with a drink. Please do not send candy. We provide a morning and afternoon snack.
- Camp Olympia provides a cot and sheet for each child for rest time. Children usually bring their own blankets.
- The weekly fee is payable in advance each Monday, In order to comply with our licensing regulations, we need to have an organized schedule
of children attending, Therefore, in order to keep your child's space available, you must pay the weekly fee regardless of days missed.
This includes holidays.
- If you need to take your child out of the center permanently, we require 30 days written notice.
- Our hours are 7:00 am – 6:00 pm. Please pick up your child on time! There will be a late fee charge of $5. for the first 5 minutes or any
portion of and then $1. for every minute after 6:05 pm.
- A physician's medication form should be filled out any time that you send medicine for your child to be administered by us.
- We are usually open on days that Montgomery County Public Schools close due to snow. However, we do reserve the right to close due to weather
without a reduction in the weekly fee.
Please note the following holidays that we will be closed.
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day plus the day after
- Christmas Day plus day before or after
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King's Birthday
- President's Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
7:00am – 6:00pm Monday – Friday
No items found.